Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boom Boom Oww

Yesterday was my first day of stims. Lupron was easy. Gonal-F was easier. The menopur? Pain. As I was injecting myself in the stomach, my husband told me to stop laughing. I had started crying before I even finished the injection. It hurt like heck. Now I am wondering if I did it wrong.

My funny husband immediately jumped online and started reading whatever he could find about menopur. Of course he found a million infertility blogs. It was so funny to hear his interpretation about what you women write. I think he was beginning to understand why I value this blogging community so much. I am so much more informed about the process and can find emotional support from reading about your TTC journeys.

My doctor estimates 9-10 days of stims. That is accompanied by two antibiotic doses a day, baby aspirin, a steroid and my pre-natal. This is so out of control I can hardly believe it. Thanks to the dozens of blogs I read, I know this is just par for the course.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you did it wrong, Menopur stings! And gave me welts when I did a fast inject. I found the slower I did the injection - like a couple of cc's every other second or so - the less likely I was to have the stinging last or a welt form after it was all done.

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry it hurt. I think its pretty normal unfortunately. I hope you have a better expereince tonight!

    Good luck with everything! When do you do in for your 1st monitoring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for TTC bloggers. They are the best support system around. I wish you lots of luck this month.

    ReplyDelete