Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Racehorse

Well today's transfer went off with a hitch or two, or 26 ounces. I have a small frame and my doctor recommended only drinking 4 ounces of water. Ha! They had to come back three times with more water and wait 15 minutes each time to make sure my uterus was in the right position.

With my bloating and the large ovaries, and the very full bladder, it took a while for everything to get into place. They were sort of talking me along as they went, but it was hard not to get worried as they were quiet between each step. I really thought something was wrong.

But I have two embryos transferred, a 10 cell and a 7 cell. And get this...fourteen still growing in a petri dish. My doctor joked that he thinks I should be an egg donor. I'll know Friday if any make it to blast and we'll freeze those. I'm wishing and hoping we have a baseball team waiting for us on ice.

My husband is being very strict about this bed rest business. It stinks because we don't have a television in our room, but there isn't a bathroom on the main level. It's going to be a long 24 hours. I'd go a week though to make sure they snuggle in safe.

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So exciting!! I can't believe you still have so many growing! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 in, & 14 on standby? That's wonderful!

    If you have a laptop/internet in the bedroom, could you use Hulu? I've not tried it so I don't know how it works, but maybe it could take up some of the boredom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news!
    Hopefully the good news keep on coming. And coming. :-))
    I know resting is not exactly fun when it is compulsory, but think of WHY you are doing it and it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete