Friday, February 12, 2010

Ovaries Return

Yikes. I lost count. This morning I had something like 8 BIG ones on the right and 6 big ones on the left? Then still a bunch under 17. Yeah, I have enough good ones above 17 that they aren't counting the ones under. A few days ago, we weren't counting those under 10.

Last night I skipped the gonal-f and only did half a dose of menopur and lupron. My estrogen was at 3400 yesterday and as long as it stays below 5000, I trigger tonight. Cupid might bring me some eggs! Let's wish and hope and pray that it stays in check.

I feel pretty good other than feeling like I have oranges hiding in my pants.

At our appointment yesterday we were sent home with doctors orders to perform my wifely duties so that the husband can give the best donation on Sunday. He was very happy to hear it straight from the doctor's mouth. How is it that this embarasses me after the doctor's been checking me under the hood for months now?

2 comments:

  1. It's strange the things that still make us squeamish despite how many people have seen parts of us that you normally wouldn't put on display.

    So a Sunday morning retrieval? Take your pain medication before you need it, make sure to eat before taking the pain meds, and a heating pad or hot water bottle may very well be your best friend for a day or two. (Of course, your experience may vary - I was on the painful side, others have gone about their business the next day with nary a twinge.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would die if my RE said that to me. I mean I know you're supposed to, but actually saying it would make me giggle like a school girl!

    I'm so glad your eggs are growing so well!! Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete