Saturday, February 6, 2010

The candle

We have a great group of friends with big hearts but a quirky sense of humor. Many of them are practicing Catholics. I grew up Catholic and was married in the Catholic church, but my husband and I attend an Episcopal church on a regular basis. Our big hearted, quirky friends have given me some grief about this.

As a house warming gift, our friend, we'll call him Bud, brought us a prayer candle as a gag gift. He handed it to me and quickly bolted out the door (I told you they were quirky.) It was a fertility candle. Bud had no idea we were trying, but assumed when you buy a house, you have a baby. If only it were that easy.

My husband met up with him over beers and filled him in on our current situation. I think Bud is probably wishing the candle worked. So do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment