Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Doubt

I hope I am just reverting to old habits here and its not my sick sixth sense. I have doubt. Unctontrollable worry. Paranoia. And no symptoms.

The exhaustion disappeared on Thursday. For almost four weeks at about 3 pm I would feel compelled to take a nap and feel exhausted until I went to bed at 10. Thursday I was sitting in class and felt great. Shit.

Then yesterday I noticed that my breasts weren't sore. At all. Then I realized the burps were gone. The bloat has subsided. The funny ovary pain I sometimes had when I crossed my legs had disappeared too.

I google "disappearing symptoms", "eight weeks symptoms vanish." I got some reassurance and some ugly true stories. Googling also told me missed miscarriages happen in 1% of all pregnancies. At my last RE appointment my doctor said that the likelihood of a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat was very very low.

I was up several hours last night worried. My husband didn't take the news well and we got in a tiff. He's worried too.

I am obsessing. I just hope its an unfounded fear. I'm not so sure I can wait until Friday morning for another sonogram. I hate this. And I feel like a cocky brat for being so hopeful and positive in the last several posts.

5 comments:

  1. ::Hugs:: I'm hope its all fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call your OB - better to be a reassured lady than a stressed out one.

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's hard but please don't stress and worry about symptoms that come and go, because they do and they will. I know how crazy one's mind can get from Dr. Google (trust me,I say that now but the moment something comes up you'll find me there) Hope you get some much needed assurance at your appt this Friday. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. II'm with mrs. higrens. An ultrasound is super easy to get to make sure that little heartbeat is still there.

    That being said, the EXACT same thing happened to me. And actually, my breast tenderness never did come back. I would try not to worry too much, it seems like symptoms come and go really frequently in early pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Wendy. It is hard but if you panic every second of the day your not going to enjoy your pg. My syptoms were there one day and gone for a few then back again. My boobs stopped being sore before 12 weeks, so it's all normal.

    ReplyDelete