Friday, March 5, 2010

Just Breathe

I can't thank you all enough for the positive encouragement. The past two days have been hard. But today I was called with good news, beta 974!

My doctor called me after I spoke to the nurse Wednesday and he said, "if I'm not worried, you shouldn't be!" Although its too soon to tell, he thinks that more than one implanted and one just slowed down. My numbers are good for today and I'll take it. I have another beta Monday and if it keeps rising, I'll have a sonogram next Thursday.

I stress and I worry. When we were cycling I was so empowered that I was handling treatments well and was a good responder. I could take each day at a time and move forward. This beta business is a whole other ball game. I can't control it and I'm just along for the ride. Its hard, but I need to remind myself to take a step back and just breathe.



8 comments:

  1. That's a great number!

    And try to enjoy this time when you are pregnant, but aren't all pukey and/or tired and/or your breasts are so sore you want to eviscerate anyone who so much even thinks of looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea yea!! great number! And I agree that you should enjoy this time before the morning sickness hits (though hopefully you'll be one of the 20% that doesn't get sick).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great number! I know it's hard not to stress, but try to stay calm and do things that make you feel good and positive (that will also help pass the time). And if you're doctor isn't worried, well that's a great sign.

    I'll be sending you positive beta vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND OMG!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!
    Indeed, the out-of-control part is absolutely crazy. And from now on, most of everything that happens will be out of your control. And you can't really do anything about it - except blog about it. It really, really helps.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to have as few worries as possibles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations hun! I'm soooo excited for you!
    Did you ever get the socks I sent??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you at the Lost and Found website! I'm thinking of you, and I hope that you get to post some great news from the sono next week :)

    ReplyDelete