Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On your marks...

Today I had cycle day 3 testing, a sonogram and blood tests. I'll be starting Lupron for our first ivf cycle in 20 days. I didn't expect to feel as excited as I was today. The doctors and nurses seemed almost as enthusiastic as I did. We have a plan. The journey is about to begin. We are on our marks!

However, for the umpteenth time we discussed our insurance coverage, or lack thereof. My doctor then felt the need to reinforce the fact that our chances of success for each round is 40-45%. I get it. It was sort of an odd juxtaposition of the thrill of a new cycle (fresh meat?!) and the "please don't expect a miracle straight out of the gate" fine print.

But I am still thrilled to be where I am today. I am grateful that we have the chance to go forward with ivf despite the fact that we must pay for it on our own. I know many women do not have the opportunity to try. I am thrilled that we are being proactive and doing something about our desire to have a baby.

Like many bloggers I am reminded of one of my new years resolutions today--stress less. One step at time. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment