Thursday, April 29, 2010

On the Sunny Side of the Street

It doesn't mean that the clouds won't cover the sunshine or I won't take a wrong turn and end up on the shady, doubtful, paranoid side of the street, but I'm back in the light.

I think I knew when I walked into the appointment everything was going to be ok. My first external ultrasound went well and we got great measurements for the NT screening. The baby has a little nose and little toes. I don't know if its because I had to fly solo for the first time or because the appointment was cloaked in fear, but it didn't have the same giddy thrill of previous appointments.

We do kind of have a diagnosis for the spotting, a low lying placenta. Dun dun dun. That means more spotting could be in my future, but the placenta is likely to move and it shouldn't cause longterm problems.

12 weeks, 2 days and 5 good looking ultrasounds led us to the decision to start going public. We were talking to the husband's cousin last night and she was surprised we were able to keep it a secret for so long. Because I was so worried and concerned for 8 weeks it didn't seem like it was a hard secret to keep. It didn't feel real. Now that the floodgates are open it's amazing the love and support we have found. I hope the ladies still waiting to feel this joy find it soon. I don't want to keep it all for myself.

4 comments:

  1. If you were behind me on the street you'd think I was drunk they way I wander back and forth between the light and the shady side.

    Aren't the little noses and toes the most amazing things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how exciting!! I'm starting to get more excited about this Saturday's u/s - I can't wait to see the baby and how much s/he has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are going so well. Well, except for the spotting and low lying placenta, of course. But I hope it gets better.
    Little nose and toes are pure essence of happiness. Be glad to see them now, later on the personality could develop earlier than you might imagine and all you get to see is the top of the head. ;-)

    ReplyDelete