Monday, April 19, 2010

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

11 weeks woot. Feeling good. I do have a few "fun" symptoms these days.

I randomly get the pregnancy crazies. Take Saturday for instance. The husband got distracted from helping clean the bathroom (it happens twice a year, so this was exciting). I had a tantrum an hour before we had dinner guests.

Hair. Everywhere. My belly is furry and recently I have noticed some peach fuzz on my face. Nice. I am not so sure its a pregnancy symptom or a lupron hangover. Please don't stick around!

We had another sonogram on Friday and it went beautifully. The babe was moving and a shaking. I was so nervous after not finding the heartbeat on the doppler, the doctor joked the baby was jiving to all the extra adrenaline in my system. I got the very good news that I can stop the progesterone suppositories and estrogen. He recommends I stay on the baby aspirin up to delivery. That was the first time I had ever heard that recommendation. I'll go with it though. My appointment was also with the doctor who brushed off my panic when my symptoms subsided. He definitely redeemed himself.

The other good news we received at the appointment was from the insurance coordinator. I have 100% coverage! I don't pay for labs or ultrasounds or even a copay after my first visit. All fees associated with delivery are covered too. I have 48 hours for vaginal delivery and 96 for a c-section. The hospital payments (anesthesia) may be another story, but we'll figure that out soon. After receiving no help with fertility treatments this was a huge surprise and such good news.

Babymoon is coming up. Because of the husband's work schedule, hurricane season, and how I don't see myself relaxing at 6 months pregnant in 100 degree temperatures, we're taking one in two weeks. It's really more of an anniversary trip, but I can pretend.

We've told a few close friends. They are all pretty excited. The only people that know are folks that know how we got here. An awesome friend gave me a pregnancy care package with a bella band (which I hate), oils, pregnancy journal, a few books, and other spa-like gifties. Even though about ten people know, we hadn't received even a card. I think people are just as nervous as we are about the whole situation. It was nice to be treated to something special though.

Next weekend we'll start filling in everyone else. I feel like maybe my karma is paying me back for a stressful-shitty pre-conception journey. I just hope I don't use it all up now and end up with back labor for seven days.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like we're right on the same schedule! (except for the extra hair - sorry to hear about that!) I'm 11 weeks Wed and I cannot wait to kiss 1st tri good bye. Also debating about telling the masses but the ppl who need to know now, do - so that's good enough for us at this point. Baby moon sounds like fun! Hubby and I are planning one in June - really need a proper vacation - I think we deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good news!

    Assvice: I didn't like the band when I first got it in the 1st trimester, it seemed like it was more trouble than it was worth; but now pushing 22 weeks (and a much more defined belly) I can still wear a few pairs of my pre-pregnancy pants thanks to it and I am much more appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, a babymoon! Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete